≡ Menu

Harumika: Style Your Imagination

0911_Harumika_032

harumika Rarely has a review product entered our home that has created quite the buzz and anticipation of the Harumika, a dress designing kit containing a dress form, three pieces of fabric, fashion stickers, accessories, and a stylus design tool. My girls were so excited that they sketched fashions before we opened the box, adding another creative aspect to the toy.

0911_Harumika_027-Edit

0911_Harumika_003

The dress form has an opening in the back, lined with a rubber insert that is cut in a wavy line down the middle. Fabric is wrapped around the doll to create outfits and tucked into the opening with the enclosed stylus tool. The rubbery material “grips” the fabric, so it stays put once you tuck it inside.

Included accessories can be used to create belts, shawls, necklaces—your child’s imagination is the limit.

0911_Harumika_050

As a mother, there’s an awful lot to like about the Harumika:

• It encourages active, creative play
  • Although there are additional products available, you can use fabric scraps and pieces of fringe, etc. that you already own to create more outfits
  • No batteries required!
  • Doesn’t have the “trashy” look of so many dolls marketed to girls today
  • My kids enjoy it and play with it

All of the outfits shown here were made with the three pieces of fabric and the accessories enclosed in our Style Starter Kit. Harumika is available now at Toys R Us and Target.

0911_Harumika_012

harumikacollage

[Product provided for review.]

{ 7 comments… add one }

• Marsha November 16, 2009, 10:16 pm

Ooooo… I like! I love how this allows girls to use their imagination and have fun with fashion, without the trashiness.
    .-= Marsha´s last blog ..Not what I wished it to be =-.

• Melissa@Cupcake Maker Toys November 16, 2009, 11:12 pm

Wow, that’s really, really cool, I hadn’t seen these before. Thanks for the great post; my daughter doesn’t know it yet, but she’s getting one of these for Christmas!
    .-= Melissa@Cupcake Maker Toys´s last blog ..Cupcake Maker Toys Top Kids Christmas Lists This Year! =-.

• Kim @ Kimmama November 16, 2009, 11:34 pm

I’m 26 and I want to play with this. Ha! Ha!
    .-= Kim @ Kimmama´s last blog ..Pain =-.

• kris November 18, 2009, 1:16 am

Thanks for the recommendation. I think both my girls would love this, one even being a teenager!
    .-= kris´s last blog ..Homeschooling vs. Slackerville: a fight to the death =-.

• Sisterlisa November 23, 2009, 12:26 am

Great holiday gift idea!! I’ll get some of those for the girls on our Toys for Tots list. :O)
    .-= Sisterlisa´s last blog ..Autumn Fix It Friday =-.

• Wardrobe October 21, 2011, 10:39 am

Wardrobave
    is the place where up-and-coming designers’ dreams are
    made a reality.

• Alex Quinn April 20, 2012, 12:44 am

What a great gift for the up and coming fashion designers of the world ! Toys and ideas like the Harumika really allow children to use their creativity and minds. Another factor that is great about the Harumika is that it is hands on and doesn’t involve the child to be hooked on some of the new gadgets that come out every two seconds. It also allows me to recycle all my left over silk, wool, cotton, and fleece fabric from all my craft projects. I have never seen these at Target, but maybe it is because I wasn’t looking for them. Hopefully they have some of the nicer sets I just seen on their website.