31 Days of Encouragement: Bearing One Another’s Burdens {Day 5}

by Dawn Camp on January 5, 2011

in (in)courage,31 Days of Encouragement,faith,photography,prayer requests

[Do you need community in your life? Read my family's story today at (in)courage about Building Community in an Unexpected Place!]

31 Days of Encouragement - Day 5

Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
~Galatians 6:2

31 Days of Encouragement The Lord tells us that when we serve one another, we serve Him. Bearing someone else’s burdens can take many forms: preparing a meal for a new mother; picking up the mail for a friend or neighbor when they’re out-of-town; picking up a prescription or groceries for someone who’s ill.

Writing a card, making a phone call, or praying for those who need it can be another way to bless them, and that has the power to lighten burdens and encourage, too.

How does this work online?

Can we bear burdens for online friends? Yes! Here are two women whom you could particularly bless with a card or comment:

• Edie, whose house just burned down. Some people posted on her blog about her birthday this week. You can leave a comment or mail her a card at the address provided there.
  • Dana, whose little boy recently passed away in an accident. Stop by her blog to leave a word of encouragement or send a card through the address you can find here.

Please visit the other ladies participating in 31 Days of Ministry Online at A Woman Inspired:

Links to all posts in this series, by topic, can be found here.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 jill January 5, 2011 at 8:23 am

Love your post about Moes…just wonderin how you do it. Do you let the restraunt know about you all coming? Do you have all different ages of kids? how do you keep the little ones busy?Do you do this every week?
Thanks I love this idea..we would have to drive about 25 minutes to restaurant in our small town to do this, but it could work.
Thanks!
Jill

2 Dawn January 5, 2011 at 10:29 am

Jill, we just all show up, usually at staggered times, since we don’t coordinate it. Last week there were three families of us hanging out, and then it turned out that another of our bunch got there 15 minutes after we left. That doesn’t happen very often, though.
Our kids that are usually there range from 5-15. During summers and Christmas break we have our 19 and 24 year olds, too. The kids all entertain themselves. They bring card decks, Silly Bandz, whatever, and go outside when it’s warmer.
Not everyone is there every week, but some of us are there each week. Our family usually makes it 3-4 times a month. We’re usually there unless a conflict prevents it.

3 Galen Pearl January 5, 2011 at 12:44 pm

This is a wonderful series! I especially related to days 2 and 3. What a gift you are giving us. Thank you!
Galen Pearl´s last [post] ..Getting Our Happiness Bearings

4 Melinda @ Trailing After God January 5, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I love this! I love photos with scripture, which is why I am so drawn to Wordless Weds posts probably :) I will be sending cards to those listed and also visiting those sites. I am looking forward to your 31 days even if I am a little late? I want to do one of these 31 days of Encouragement sometime. So enjoyable! Joining you from (in)courage. Thank you for being an encourager!
Melinda @ Trailing After God´s last [post] ..He Scatters Frost Like Ashes

5 Susan Beth January 5, 2011 at 8:22 pm

We were created to be part of each other’s lives.

6 Dawn January 6, 2011 at 12:50 am

Melinda, I’m so glad you’ll be sending cards and visiting these ladies. You’re not late for 31 Days of Encouragement at all. It’s just getting started! :-)

7 sprittibee January 6, 2011 at 9:31 am

Wish we had a Moes here. ;) No cigar.

I like that Martha Heart blog design, but I’m such a lazy blog reader. I hate clicking a follow-through button to read the “rest of the post”.

I tweeted you this morning. :)