Our Laffy Taffy/Sponge Bob/Buttered Sweet Corn Room Makeover #GliddenGallons

by Dawn Camp on September 7, 2011

in DIY

1109_GliddenRoomMakeover_004

My eleven-year-old daughter thinks her room looks like Laffy Taffy. My eight-year-old says Sponge Bob. Glidden declares it Buttered Sweet Corn on the color swatch. Whatever you choose to call this shade (which isn’t as bright in real life as in the photos), we all love it.

1109_GliddenRoomMakeover_014

Yellows can really brighten a room. This lovely shade is from the Glidden Brilliance collection at Walmart. I think Glidden Brilliance is brilliant: it combines paint and primer in one. Our can of Kilz, which I usually apply liberally before painting, was clogged. It didn’t matter: this paint covered the girls’ “wall art” beautifully.

1109_GliddenRoomMakeover_028

1109_GliddenRoomMakeover_020

1109_GliddenRoomMakeover_006

1109_GliddenRoomMakeover_026

1109_GliddenRoomMakeover_018

1109_GliddenRoomMakeover_016 I’m really thankful for the opportunity to participate in the Glidden Gallons challenge. The girls love their room and how cozy it is now. What a blessing!

Click this button to get coupons for $3 off on either a gallon of Glidden Brilliance Collection Paint or two Glidden Brilliance Collection Paint Testers.

{Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. Opinions expressed are my own.}

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Kathy September 7, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I love how it turned out. I bet your girls just love their new room! Great Job.
Kathy´s last [post] ..Free Entry to Oakland County Parks on 9/11

2 Robin @ Blommi September 7, 2011 at 9:50 pm

The room came out lovely :)
Robin @ Blommi´s last [post] ..Scotch Restickable Products Make Back-to-School Papers Easier to Handle

3 Christy @ Insanity Is Not An Option September 7, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Looks great Dawn! I’m sure the girls are very happy with it!

4 Blossom September 7, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Beautiful! Yellow is my absolute favorite color. Don’t think my husband would like our bedroom bright yellow though. Hmm… perhaps a different room of the house :)

The room looks great!

5 Rebecca E. Parsons September 7, 2011 at 10:16 pm

yellow is not an easy color to get right…you got it right!!!! love it!!!
Rebecca E. Parsons´s last [post] ..Campfire BBQ Breakfast with Ingredients from #MurphyUSA #cBias

6 Lisa Harris September 7, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Wow…this is gorgeous! The yellow is great. So sunny and bright…magical almost. The decorations are great too. You did a fantastic job! Lucky girls.

7 Tonia @ The Gunny Sack September 7, 2011 at 11:09 pm

What a cheerful room! I love how it turned out. It looks like the kind of place where you have to be in a good mood! I am sure your girls will love having it this color!

8 Chrissy @ Fireflies and Hummingbirds September 7, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I LOVE that color! And the whole room is gorgeous, really!

9 Hayden Camp September 8, 2011 at 1:51 am

this room has become terribly beautiful !

10 Stacie @ The Divine Miss Mommy September 8, 2011 at 11:34 am

Now that room makes me want to eat some corn while watching Sponge Bob and eating Laffy Taffy. ;)

It looks great!!
Stacie @ The Divine Miss Mommy´s last [post] ..Wordless Wednesday – Looking Back with LINKY #ww #WordlessWednesday

11 Janel C. September 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm

what a bright and gorgeous room!!

12 MarshaMarshaMarsha September 9, 2011 at 6:49 am

What an energetic room! Since it’s a bedroom and all, I’m glad the color is toned down a tiny bit in real life. :) I do love me some yellow though… so happy and cheerful and FUN!