31 Days of Real Life: I Can’t Do It All

Camera Phone Collage #35

1. ‘staches on our #incourage instagram feed @ #relevant11 How? 2. @dearabbyleigh & I #relevant11 #incourage 3. @Kristen_Strong @holleygerth my dinner buddies! #relevant11 #incourage 4. Mother/son time @ #relevant11 #incourage 5. Pizza with friends #relevant11 6. We’re here @Moes_HQ! #relevant11 7. Loaded rice bowl @Moes_HQ roadtrip #relevant11 8. Filling up & hitting the hwy. in our sweet ride thanks to @Kia & @DriveSTI #Relevant11 9. Not a promising hand… 10. Love that Moes_HQ funds diabetes research (the hubs is type 2) 11. Major kudos to #bbcatl & Melia Hotel: we have real sweet tea 12. Sony just gave away a Bloogie video camera at lunch! #bbcatl 13. Thankful for a @Starbucks with Wild Sweet Orange tea & chocolate croissants #BBCATL 14. Love this car decal next to me 15. Most interesting yogurt flavor. Ever. 16. Chicken Enchilada Soup @Chilis

It’s disappointing to successfully reach day 24 of a 31 day series and then miss an entire week. Thankfully my theme is 31 Days of Real Life and this is my opportunity to admit that I can’t do it all. Judging from the conversation last week at Relevant, I’m not the only one.

Unfortunately, most of us live our lives under the delusion that other women are doing it all, or at least better than we are. As a homeschooling mother of 8, you can imagine how often I get the comment “I don’t know how you do it.” My new answer is “not very well.”

Check out Simple Mom’s post on Imperfection to find out what things everyone else is admitting they can’t do.

[This collage contains one week’s worth of camera phone photos, a slice of a busy week including a 1400 mile round-trip to Harrisburg, PA, for Relevant (in a sweet, sponsored Kia—believe me, you’ll hear all about it). I’ll post the remainder of the Relevant shots and my usual linky on Friday.]

Comments

1. says

I was so glad to have the opportunity to meet you in person, Dawn. I love your photos and your work — and you are sweet, sweet, sweet in person! {of course I knew you would be!}

2. says

31 Days of REAL life does not DEMAND that you be consecutive in those days: only that you be real.

There’s nothing more real to me than a woman who admits to her failings as well as her success stories.

Thanks for keeping it real, in the midst of the very real whirlwind of all that you do!

3. says

I managed to do 31 consecutive days in January, even while attending the BlissDom conference. The wifi in Pennsylvania was part of my problem. I tried to post a couple of times and couldn’t get pictures to upload or collages to form.

4. says

I love your admission of “real life” . Its okay that you didn’t finish the 31 days. I barely did, and ended up combining 30 and 31. I loved meeting you at Relevant and getting to sit by you for dinner. You are lovely, and its nice to now have the human connection behind this blog.

God Bless YOU!
    Denise In Bloom´s last [post] ..Sharing Koinonia: The Fellowship of Sisters

5. Susan Mc. says

As another homeschooling mom of 8…I answer the “I don’t know how you do it all!” with an “I don’t” …because what I do is rather pathetic but I have a wonderful Lord, a wonderful husband and some great children (plus a lot of laundry and a wonderful amount of dirty dishes in the sink)!!. I especially needed this today as I’m drowning in a cancelled b.ball game that requires me to contact all the parents…and a 3 year old who woke up with a fever. Exciting times!

6. Edith says

Do not feel bad about missing an entire week. A lot of people missed an entire week due to the flu season. I nearly did when my son became sick with a stomach virus. We just have to make the commitment to do better next time if possible because hey, life happens. Be blessed!
    Edith´s last [post] ..Thank You!